- Boards, Committees & Commissions
- Conservation Commission
Please view our meeting schedule for specific dates and deadlines for submittals.
- Diane C. Stewart, Chair Term Expires June 2023
- Nancy Ockers, 1st Vice Chair Term Expires June 2024
- Melissa Guimont, 2nd Vice Chair Term Expires June 2025
- Keri Gallagher Term Expires June 2025
- Adam Guaraldi Term Expires June 2024
- Edward Medeiros Term Expires June 2025
- John Neely Term Expires June 2023
The Conservation Commission is charged with the responsibility of protecting wetland resource areas under the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act , M.G.L. CH. 131, s.40 and regulations 310 CMR 10.00. The Commission protects eight functions of all wetland resource areas, which are the following:
- Flood Control
- Prevention of Pollution
- Protection of Fisheries
- Protection of Ground Water Supply
- Protection of Land Containing Shellfish
- Protection of Public and Private Water Supply
- Protection of Wildlife Habitat
- Storm Damage Prevention
Dredging, altering and filling wetlands are regulated by this law. “Wetlands” are not just cattail marshes. They include intermittent streams, riverfront and other areas that may be dry for extended periods of the year. Wetlands can be determined by a wetland scientist or botanist and are delineated through looking at three parameters: soils, vegetation and evidence of hydrology.
Protection & Preservation
The Conservation Commission also is charged with the protection and preservation of land. If you are interested in protecting your land please call us at 508-946-2406.
- Pratt Farm located at: 67 East Main Street
Middleborough, MA 02346
- Explore the trails and history of Pratt Farm.
- Stuart Morgan Property on the corner of Long Point Road and Marion Road
If you would like your group to use one of these properties please contact the Conservation Commission at 508-946-2406 to get a group use form (PDF).