Doing Business Here
Why Locate Your Business in Middleborough
- Location: Immediate access to I-495 with easy access to four interchanges. 30 Miles to Boston and Providence.
- As the second largest municipality in Massachusetts land-wise, we have lots of vacant land. Here is a refined list of vacant parcels zoned for commercial and industrial use.
- The new MBTA Station will open in Middleborough in 2023 and connect to Boston, New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton and Cape Cod.
- Competitive Tax Rate of $15.10 in 2023 for Commercial property and 14.24 for Residential property.
- Middleborough Gas and Electric, a municipally-owned utility, offers competitive utility rates. Middleborough Water also offers competitive rates.
- Online permitting
- 93% of our population graduated from high school, and 38% have an associate's degree or higher.
- Median Household Income of $83,742, with 75% of housing being owner-occupied.
- Bio-Ready Community that welcomes life sciences. Middleborough is ranked as a Bronze Community. We are home to IDEX Health and Science.
- Middleborough is designated a Green Community which makes us eligible for funding for energy efficiency improvements.
- Middleborough is proud to be a Purple Heart Community.
- Middleborough has two SMART Growth Districts encouraging more development near the future MBTA Commuter Rail Station and Downtown.
- Middleborough is the headquarters of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Sager Electronics, Ockers Company, Brookfield Engineering, Mass Tank Inspection Services, and Malden International Designs. You will also find The Christmas Tree Shops, Pavestone, BIMBO Bakery Depot, Butler Automatic Inc, McLeans South Hospital, and many outstanding small businesses.
- With our easy access to I-495 and Routes 24 and 44, Middleborough is a supply chain and logistics center. Existing supply chain facilities/warehouses include Amazon Delivery Station, Ocean Spray, Sager Electronics, FedEx Ground, and Alphabroder.
- Great place to live: Middleborough is a tranquil town with beautiful natural resources, an excellent public school system, and wonderful neighborhoods. We are also close to Plymouth and Cape Cod.
- Recent public projects include a new High School, Police Department building, and Public Works facility, and the acquisition of Picone Farm.
- A walkable beautiful, historic Downtown.
- Middleborough is a business-friendly town. The Middleborough Business Resource Center offers up to three free hours of professional consultation to Middleborough businesses to help with their business needs. We also provide an extensive list of business resources to help our local businesses succeed.
MIDDLEBOROUGH BY THE NUMBERS